Nights like this are why the NBA regular season is so much fun. The slate is loaded: The Nets may not have Kevin Durant tonight, but Kyrie Irving and Ben Simmons will be taking on the Sixers. We’ve also got a battle between two of the league’s best teams, as the Nuggets will play the Bucks. To wrap up the evening, we get a taste of one of the best current rivalries in the sport as Ja Morant and the Grizzlies face Stephen Curry and the Warriors.
Here’s what I’m watching today.
Brooklyn Nets at Philadelphia 76ers
The Nets are just 2–4 since losing Kevin Durant to a knee injury, but have started to show signs of life without their star in the last two contests. They beat the Warriors over the weekend behind 38 points, seven rebounds and nine assists from Kyrie Irving, who has a lot to prove in Durant’s absence. Tonight is a good litmus test on the road against the Sixers, who’ve won five straight games (all by 10 points or fewer) to keep climbing up the Eastern Conference standings. Plus, former Sixer Ben Simmons will be back in Philadelphia, where the reception he gets from the crowd should be interesting.
7:30 p.m. ET, ESPN, watch on fuboTV
- Can Kyrie Irving Carry the Nets? We’ll Soon Find Out. (Howard Beck)
- NBA Power Rankings: Joel Embiid and the 76ers Are Heating Up (Kyle Wood)
- NBA Midseason Awards: MVP Favorite Nikola Jokic Leads the Way (Rohan Nadkarni)
- Men’s CBB: No. 13 Xavier at No. 19 UConn, 6:30 p.m. ET, FS1, watch on fuboTV
- New York Rangers at Toronto Maple Leafs, 7 p.m. ET, TNT
- Denver Nuggets at Milwaukee Bucks, 8 p.m. ET, Altitude/Bally Sports Wisconsin, watch on fuboTV
- Minnesota Timberwolves at New Orleans Pelicans, 8 p.m. ET, Bally Sports North/New Orleans, watch on fuboTV
- Carolina Hurricanes at Dallas Stars, 8:30 p.m. ET, Bally Sports South/Southwest, watch on fuboTV
- Men’s CBB: Texas A&M at No. 15 Auburn, 9 p.m. ET, ESPN2, watch on fuboTV
- Memphis Grizzlies at Golden State Warriors, 10 p.m. ET, ESPN, watch on fuboTV
Think we missed something worth watching? Reply to email@example.com and let us know what we should be looking out for and why.
Sports Illustrated may receive compensation for some links to products and services in this article.
Regional restrictions may apply.