Aaron Judge hit home run No. 60, and Giancarlo Stanton blasted a walk-off grand slam last night for the Yankees, who lived up to their Bronx Bombers moniker. Judge’s quest for No. 62 is one of the headliners in the sports world, but we’ve also got MLB games with playoff implications. Plus, there’s a key late-season showdown in the NWSL, and the No. 1 team in the country in women’s volleyball is in action.
Here’s what I’m watching today.
A quick note: Due to COVID-19, sports schedules are fluid and subject to change.
Toronto Blue Jays at Philadelphia Phillies
The Phillies have lost five straight to drop to the sixth and final playoff spot in the NL, and the Brewers are just 2.5 games behind them with plenty of baseball left to play still. Can Philadelphia turn things around tonight against the Blue Jays, who are now in position for home field advantage in the wild-card round of the postseason? The Jays’ dynamic offense showed off again last night when it hung 18 runs on the Phillies, including 10 in the game’s final three innings.
6:45 p.m. ET, NBC Sports Philadelphia/Sportsnet, watch on fuboTV
- MLB Power Rankings: Say Goodbye to the Twins As Playoff Races Heat Up (Will Laws)
- The MLB Playoff Race Is Getting Wild With Three Weeks to Go (Matt Martell)
• Pittsburgh Pirates at New York Yankees | We’re officially on No. 62 watch for Aaron Judge as he looks to move past Roger Maris for the AL record after tying Babe Ruth last night with his 60th homer of the season. Is tonight the night we see history? Every at bat is must-see TV. 7:05 p.m. ET, YES/AT&T Sportsnet Pittsburgh, watch on fuboTV
• Women’s volleyball: No. 1 Texas at Kansas | The top-ranked Longhorns were the unanimous No. 1 in this week’s Coaches Poll, and for good reason: They’ve lost just three sets (and no matches) all season. Can the Jayhawks, who received votes in this week’s poll, pull off an upset? 9 p.m. ET, ESPN2, watch on fuboTV
• Washington Spirit at Angel City FC | This NWSL showdown has big playoff implications for Angel City, which currently sits in seventh place in the table with the top six teams advancing to the postseason. Three points tonight against 10th-place Washington would be a big boost, though the Spirit have won two straight games. 10:30 p.m. ET, CBS Sports Network, watch on fuboTV
St. Louis Cardinals at San Diego Padres
The Padres shut out the Cards last night in the first game of this set as they trend toward locking up a playoff berth. They’ll trot out Blake Snell tonight in a series that could very well end up being a preview of the wild-card round of the playoffs. Miles Mikolas will take the ball for the Cards as they look to avoid a third straight loss.
9:40 p.m. ET, MLB Network/Bally Sports Midwest/San Diego, watch on fuboTV
Think we missed something worth watching? Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what we should be looking out for and why.
Sports Illustrated may receive compensation for some links to products and services in this article.
Regional restrictions may apply.