The NHL slate on Wednesday features a showdown between the New York Islanders (11-6-0) and the Edmonton Oilers (9-7-0), starting at 7:30 PM ET at UBS Arena and broadcast on MSG. The Islanders are fifth in the Eastern Conference and the Oilers are ninth in the Western Conference.
How to Watch New York vs. Edmonton
- Game Day: Wednesday, November 23, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV: MSG (Regional restrictions may apply)
- Arena: UBS Arena
- Live Stream on fuboTV: Start your free trial today!
New York and Edmonton Stats
- The Islanders are 12th in the NHL in scoring (3.4 goals per game), and the Oilers are 29th defensively (3.6 against).
- The Oilers are fourth in the NHL in scoring (3.7 goals per game), and the Islanders are fifth on defense (2.5 against).
- New York is sixth in the NHL in goal differential, at +14 (+0.8 per game).
- Edmonton is 13th in the league in goal differential, at +1 (+0.1 per game).
- The Islanders have scored 10 power-play goals (successful on 20.0% of opportunities), and the Oilers have conceded 20 goals while short-handed (killing off 70.6% of penalties).
- The Oilers have scored 19 power-play goals (on 32.2% of opportunities, third in NHL), and short-handed the Islanders have conceded 9 (killing off 84.2% of penalties, fourth in league).
New York Impact Players
- One of New York’s top offensive players this season is Mathew Barzal, who has scored 22 points in 20 games (two goals and 20 assists).
- Brock Nelson is another of New York’s offensive options, contributing 20 points (nine goals, 11 assists) to the team.
- Anders Lee’s season total of 18 points has come from eight goals and 10 assists.
- Ilya Sorokin has a goals against average of 2.4, and a .926 save percentage (fifth-best in the league).
Islanders Injuries: None
Edmonton Impact Players
- Connor McDavid has recorded 16 goals and 19 assists in 19 games for Edmonton, good for 35 points.
- Leon Draisaitl is one of the impact players on offense for Edmonton with 31 total points (1.6 per game), with 11 goals and 20 assists in 19 games.
- Edmonton’s Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is among the leaders on the team with 21 total points (nine goals and 12 assists).
- Stuart Skinner has allowed 27 goals (2.8 goals against average) and amassed 316 saves with a .921 save percentage (sixth-best in the league).
Tyler Benson: Out (Knee),
Evander Kane: Out (Wrist),
Oscar Klefbom: Out (Shoulder),
Mike Smith: Out (Undisclosed)
Regional restrictions apply.