NHL play on Tuesday features a meeting in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania between the Pittsburgh Penguins (23-15-8) and Florida Panthers (23-21-5) at PPG Paints Arena, starting at 7:00 PM ET on ATT Sportsnet Pittsburgh. The Penguins rank eighth in the Eastern Conference with 54 points and the Panthers are 10th in the Eastern Conference with 51 points.
How to Watch Pittsburgh vs. Florida
- Game Day: Tuesday, January 24, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV: ATT Sportsnet Pittsburgh (Regional restrictions may apply)
- Arena: PPG Paints Arena
- Live Stream on fuboTV: Start your free trial today!
Head-to-head results for Pittsburgh vs. Florida
Pittsburgh and Florida Stats
- The Penguins are 13th in the league in scoring (3.2 goals per game), and the Panthers are 24th defensively (3.4 against).
- The Panthers are ninth in the league in goals scored per game (3.4), and the Penguins are 16th in goals conceded (three).
- Pittsburgh is 16th in the NHL in terms of goal differential, at +9.
- Florida is -4 overall in terms of goals this season, 19th in the league.
- On the power play, the Penguins have scored 34 goals (on 21% of opportunities, 17th in NHL), and short-handed the Panthers have conceded 46 (killing off 75% of penalties, 22nd in league).
- The Panthers have scored 42 power-play goals (successful on 24.1% of opportunities), and the Penguins have conceded 28 goals while short-handed (killing off 81.5% of penalties).
Pittsburgh Impact Players
- Sidney Crosby has been vital to Pittsburgh this season, with 54 points in 46 games.
- Evgeni Malkin is another of Pittsburgh’s offensive options, contributing 44 points (16 goals, 28 assists) to the team.
- Jake Guentzel has scored 20 goals and added 23 assists through 42 games for Pittsburgh.
- Tristan Jarry has a 2.6 goals against average, and 816 saves. His .921 save percentage is sixth-best in the league.
Kris Letang: Out (Lower-body),
Kasperi Kapanen: Out (Lower Body),
Jan Rutta: Out (Upper-Body),
Josh Archibald: Out (Undisclosed)
Florida Impact Players
- Matthew Tkachuk has scored 24 goals (0.5 per game) and put up 36 assists (0.8 per game), fueling the Florida offense with 60 total points (1.3 per game). He takes 3.7 shots per game, shooting 14.1%.
- Aleksander Barkov Jr. is one of the impact players on offense for Florida with 41 total points (1.1 per game), with 13 goals and 28 assists in 39 games.
- Brandon Montour has 40 points so far, including eight goals and 32 assists.
- Sergei Bobrovsky has played 30 games this season, conceding 90 goals (3.2 goals against average) with 786 saves and an .897 save percentage (33rd in the league).
Anthony Duclair: Out (Achilles),
Sergei Bobrovsky: Out (Lower Body),
Eric Staal: Out (Upper Body),
Patric Hornqvist: Out (Upper-body)
Regional restrictions apply.