We’re just a week away from Thanksgiving and one of the best sports weekends of the year. And while I can’t wait to eat some turkey and watch football, we’ve still got plenty of action worth watching before then. That starts tonight with a huge Thursday Night Football showdown between the Titans and Packers, plus a high-level college football matchup and more star power on display in the NBA.
Here’s what I’m watching today.
Tennessee Titans at Green Bay Packers
The Packers may have new life after Sunday’s comeback win against the Cowboys. Trailing by 14 heading into the fourth quarter and staring down a 3–7 start, Aaron Rodgers led the Pack on a pair of touchdown drives to tie the game and then Mason Crosby won it for Green Bay with an overtime field goal. Is that the game that will snap Matt LaFleur’s team out of its season-long funk? Tonight’s matchup with Derrick Henry and the Titans should be a good test: Tennessee has lost just once since Week 2, a heartbreaker in OT against the Chiefs with backup QB Malik Willis starting.
8:15 p.m. ET, Amazon Prime Video
- NFL Power Rankings: Vikings Rule Week 10 Reshuffling of Top Teams (Conor Orr)
- The Upside-Down World of Long Snappers (Alex Prewitt)
- NFL Week 11 Picks From the MMQB Staff (MMQB Staff)
• New Jersey Devils at Toronto Maple Leafs | What a difference a year makes! Last season, the Devils were among the NHL’s worst teams, stuck near the bottom of the standings all season long. But today, New Jersey has the second-best record in the league and is on a 10-game winning streak. Can that hot streak continue tonight in Toronto against John Tavares and the Leafs? 7 p.m. ET, Sportsnet/MSG/ESPN+, watch on fuboTV
• College football: SMU at No. 21 Tulane | Even after last week’s loss to UCF, Tulane is one of the great stories in college football this season. Two decades after nearly dropping out of FBS, the Green Wave have a chance to win the AAC and go to a major bowl game. The loss to the Knights makes this game against an explosive SMU offense a must-win for the Green Wave’s conference title hopes. 7:30 p.m. ET, ESPN, watch on fuboTV
• Men’s CBB: No. 20 Michigan vs. Arizona State | This matchup is for the championship of the Legends Classic, one of the many early-season tournaments loaded with intrigue in the college basketball season’s first month. Hunter Dickinson and the Wolverines are off to a 3–0 start after last night’s blowout win over Pitt, while Arizona State got a big win in grind-it-out fashion last night against VCU. 9 p.m. ET, ESPN2, watch on fuboTV
Brooklyn Nets at Portland Trail Blazers
The 10–4 Blazers have been one of the big surprises of the NBA season thus far, riding continued growth from Anfernee Simons and Jerami Grant to a start that puts them right in the playoff conversation. And SI’s NBA writers are buying that this start is sustainable in a season that has seen plenty of surprise teams move up the standings early. The next test for Portland is against Kevin Durant and the Nets, who are coming surrendering a whopping 153 points to the Kings on Tuesday.
10 p.m. ET, YES/Root Sports Plus, watch on fuboTV
Think we missed something worth watching? Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what we should be looking out for and why.
Sports Illustrated may receive compensation for some links to products and services in this article.
Regional restrictions may apply.